Flooding, severe rain, plumbing troubles, burst pipes, and other factors can all contribute to water damage. Water damage must be removed as soon as possible, regardless of the source, or it may spread and cause additional damage to your property.
Water damage restoration and repair services are provided by Brotherly Love Handyman Services to homes and businesses in Philadelphia, PA. To remove standing water and excess moisture from your home, our professionals employ modern drying and extraction equipment. After that, we’ll restore any damaged products and personal effects to their original condition.
Problems Caused by Water Damage
Because of how quickly water damage spreads and creates further damage, it’s critical to act quickly after it occurs. When there is flooding, water takes the path of least resistance, which usually leads to the lower floors. Porous materials such as wood, drywall, carpet, and other construction materials absorb the water.
Swelling, discoloration, warping, and even mold growth occur in the structure of the building as a result. If water damage is left untreated for an extended period of time, the structure of the building will deteriorate, and the moisture will raise the risk of mold.
If your property has water damage, DO:
- Contact Brotherly Love Handyman Services for water damage repair services
- Allow air to circulate by opening doors and closets.
- All drapes should be kept off the floor.
- Water should be blotted and/or mopped.
- Wet furniture should be wiped down.
- To avoid warping, stack water-damaged books together.
- Place important photos, documents, and personal items in a secure location.
If your home has been flooded, DO NOT:
- If the electricity is on, enter a room with standing water
- use any devices if the property is still wet.
- Remove by yourself.
- Remove any permanent flooring, such as carpeting.
- Make an attempt to suction up the water.
Contact Brotherly Love Handyman Services for water damage restoration services in Philadelphia, PA.